The Business Administration programme is designed for students who wish to gain an introductory qualification in the field of business. Thus, the primary objective of the programme is to provide students with a solid business education along with additional knowledge and abilities to succeed in a particular area of business. Students completing EC’s Diploma in Business Administration may articulate to our Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) or any business degree programmes at our partner universities.
|2.5 Years||April / September|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
At the end of the programme the student should be able to attain the following learning outcomes:
- An introduction to the principles of business and economic theory in relation to business activity and an understanding of the environment in which all businesses operate.
- A clear understanding of the legal ways in which different businesses are formed and the manner in which they are structured and organised.
- Knowledge about the different business departments and their activities and functions.
- Information about the ways in which different businesses are financed, including practical bookkeeping and accounting skills.
- An understanding of the importance of people in organisations, including the need for motivation, control and communication.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon the completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- To demonstrate basic knowledge of all business disciplines.
- To integrate information from all major business disciplines in developing solutions to business problems in an ever changing world.
- To present business ideas orally and in writing for the comprehension of business and non-business professionals.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) : Min. 3 credits
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Min. 3Bs
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) : Min. 2 principal pass
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3
- Other Qualifications :
- Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- English Language
- Communication in the Workplace
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Economic Theory
- Business Ethics
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Management I & II
- Business Law
- Information Technology in the Workplace
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
- Principles of Operations Management
- Marketing Practices I & II
- Strategic Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- International Business
- Final Year Project
- MPU modules
- Administrative Officer
- Marketing Planner
- Marketing Coordinator
- Management Consultant
- Retail Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Advertising Executive
- Operations Executive
- Human Resource Executive
- Business Development Executive