What is it?
CompTIA Data+ is an early-career data analytics certification for professionals tasked with developing and promoting data-driven business decision-making.
Tell the Full Story with Data+
• Better Analyze and Interpret Data - Mine data more effectively. Analyze with rigor. Avoid confounding results.
• Communicate Insights - Highlight what’s important. Produce reports that persuade, not confuse. Make better data-driven decisions.
• Recruit and Train - Know what data skills to recruit for. Train your team with confidence.
Train with Data+
CompTIA Data+ gives your team members the confidence to bring data analysis to life.
As the importance for data analytics grows, more job roles are required to set context and better communicate vital business intelligence. Collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data can drive your organization’s priorities and lead business decision-making. CompTIA Data+ validates your team members have the skills required to facilitate data-driven business decisions, including:
• Mining data
• Manipulating data
• Visualizing and reporting data
• Applying basic statistical methods
• Analyzing complex datasets while adhering to governance and quality standards throughout the entire data life cycle
How does Data+ Compare to Alternatives?
Jobs that use CompTIA Data+
• Data Analyst
• Business Intelligence Analyst
• Reporting Analyst
• Marketing Analyst
• Clinical Analyst
• Business Data Analyst
• Operations Analyst
Data+ is an ideal certification for not only data-specific careers, but other career paths can benefit from analytics processes and data analytics knowledge. Jobs like marketing specialists, financial analysts, human resource analysts or clinical health care analysts can optimize performance and make well-informed decisions when they use and evaluate data correctly.
Technical Skills Covered in the Certification and Training
Data Concepts and Environments
• Identify basic concepts of data schemas and dimensions
• Compare and contrast different data types
• Understand the difference between common data structures and file formats
• Explain data acquisition concepts
• Identify common reasons for cleansing and profiling datasets
• Ability to execute data manipulation techniques
• Explain common techniques for data manipulation and query optimization
• Ability to apply the appropriate descriptive statistical methods
• Explain the purpose of inferential statistical methods
• Summarize types of analysis and key analysis techniques
• Identify common data analytics tools
• Ability to translate business requirements to form a report
• Use appropriate design components for reports and dashboards
• Use appropriate methods for dashboard development
• Ability to apply the appropriate type of visualization
• Compare and contrast types of reports
Data Governance, Quality, & Controls
• Summarize important data governance concepts
• Apply data quality control concepts
• Explain master data management (MDM) concepts
Organizations that contributed to the development of Data+
• University of Maryland Global Campus
• Discover Financial Services
• Rogers Communications
• Woz U
• Sears Home Services
• Molina Healthcare
Research and Statistics
Fastest-Growing Job Category
Burning Glass predicts that over the next ten years, positions aligned to Data+ will experience a 15 percent growth rate.
The ability to rapidly and effectively analyze data can improve time to market, enhance customer satisfaction and drive growth for the future. Treating data as a discrete function and building data specialists will accelerate this process. As organizations place a priority on speeding up data analysis, they should also place a priority on speeding up skill discovery and development.