Construction management is the science and art of procuring and directing human and physical resources for the successful and prudent realisation of a construction project, ensuring that the enterprise meets the desires of the client, the requirements of the budget, and the quality of the specification.
Construction managers co-ordinate the construction of a variety of building projects - they are involved in all stages of the construction and are responsible for the people and materials needed for the project. Our close links with the construction industry ensure that what you learned is relevant to your future career.
|3 Years||April / September|
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
At the end of the programme the student should be able to attain the following learning outcomes:
- Graduates have sufficient knowledge, soft skills, technical skills and management skills relevant to construction related activities.
- Graduates are employable in construction related industry and career advancing with professional attributes.
- Graduates are professional in dealing with technological and managerial processes in construction related activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
Upon the completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of construction, science and technology.
- Apply technical and practical competency in construction activities.
- Integrate social, cultural and environmental responsibilities for sustainable development.
- Display values, ethics, morality and professionalism in their career pursuit.
- Communicate effectively both as individual and in a group in the capacity of a leader or a team member.
- Conduct problem identification using research based knowledge and formulate procedures and solutions systematically.
- Recognise the need for having and managing up-to-date information and engaged in lifelong learning.
- Lead with management and entrepreneur skills.
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) : Min. 2 principal pass including Maths
- GCE A Levels : Min. 2 principal pass including Maths
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) : Min. 5Bs including Maths
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) / New South Wales Higher School Certificate (NSW HSC) : Min. TER 55 in 5 subjects including C in Maths
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) : Min. average of 55% in 6 subjects including Maths
- International Baccalaureate (IB) : Min. 26 points in 6 subjects including Maths
- Foundation / Matriculation / Diploma : Min. CGPA 2.00
- Other Qualifications :
- Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Basic Technical Mathematics
- Statics & Strength of Material
- Surveying and Fieldwork
- Basic Office Application
- Materials I & II
- Principles of Management
- Construction Technology I, II, III & IV
- Introduction to Structures
- Engineering Graphics
- Building Services I & II
- Quantitative Methods & Statistics
- Measurement & Documentation I & II
- Construction Cost Estimates
- English For Project Management
- Construction Safety & Health
- Research Methodology
- Environmental Engineering I & II
- Thesis I & II
- Construction Management I & II
- Integrated Project
- Green Technology & Sustainable Development
- Construction Economics & Finance
- Construction Law
- Industrial Training
Elective Courses (Choose Any TWO)
- Risk Management
- Value Engineering
- Management of Equipment & Plant
- Management of Large Construction
- Technical Executive
- Project Executive
- Construction Technologist
- Cost Consultant
- Site Manager
- Construction Manager
- Many more...