COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. COVID-19 is now a pandemic affecting many countries globally.
According to World Health Organization (WHO) data, COVID-19 has infected more than 200 countries across the world with infection rate more than 7 million and 400,000 over deaths.
In view of this, Executive College will be providing general guidance for mitigation that is urgently needed against COVID-19 which has been deemed by WHO to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
This general guidance applies to Executive College (EC) staff and students as well as visitors who enter the college premises. This guidance will be enforced at all time during movement control order period and will be updated/revised if deemed necessary by the task force team or the management of EC. Staff/students/visitors must comply with all safety and health guidelines or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Should a visit to the campus is essential, all students/visitors must comply with all safety and health guidelines or SOPs.
Anyone displaying symptoms (fever over 37.5, cough, flu, sore throat, shortness of breath) and not wearing a mask will be denied entry. We seek for your honesty in declaring your health status at all times. Should the false information be collected, the college reserves the right to take appropriate or legal action which deemed necessary.
Resumption of Face-to-Face Teaching & Learning Activities
Following the announcement by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) dated 20th July 2020 on 'Kemasukan Semula Pelajar Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Swasta Kampus Secara Berperingkat', the College has decided to ALLOW the students to return to College.
Please note that in the event, the College is required to close whether due to MCO or COVID-19 positive case, or any student placed under quarantine/undergoing treatment due COVID-19, the College expects the students to continue with online learning until clearance is granted by the relevant Government authorities to resume F2F activities.
Students/visitors that are under COVID-19 category will not be allowed to enter the college premises and shall follow strictly on the Government SOPs and medical advice.
• Acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of respiratory infection with at least one of: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever.
• Travelled to/resided in foreign country within 14 days before the onset of illness.
• Close contact in 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
• Attended an event associated with known COVID-19 outbreak.
• Health care associated exposure without appropriate PPE (including providing direct care for COVID-19 patients.
• Working with health care workers infected with COVID-19.
• Visiting patients or staying in the same close environment of a COVID19 patient.
• Working together in close proximity or sharing the same classroom environment with a with COVID-19 patient.
• Traveling together with COVID-19 patient in any kind of conveyance.
• Living in the same household as a COVID-19 patient.
• A person who is issued a Stay Home Notice or has been advised to do Home Quarantine by the Authorities.
• A person who has been issued a QR Code Wristband by the Government of Sarawak.
• A person with laboratory confirmation of infection with the COVID-19.
Social practice is important for all of us, especially to someone who are at higher risk of serious complications caused by COVID-19. People who are at high risk of includes older adults, people with serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease.
a) Social Distancing
- Practice social distancing of at least 1 meter from each other.
- DO NOT gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
b) Personal Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Practice good sneezing and cough etiquette.
- Cover your mouth and nose using tissue whenever you cough or sneeze. Otherwise wear a mask at all times.
- Throw used tissue and mask in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer regularly.
DATA COMPILATION AND RETENTION
● Data collected during this period will be compiled and managed by the Task Force team and will only be revealed to relevant parties (eg: Ministry of Health Malaysia).
● Retention period of the data for 3 months or depend on the decision of Task Force team and the management of EC where deemed necessary.
Our marketing staff are available for face to face counselling with compliance to SOP. Alternatively, you may also contact us via:
• Phone call at 082-345680 or Whatsapp at 011-18699827
• Executive College Facebook/EC Campus Central Facebook messenger
• Email at email@example.com
*Please refer to Sarawak Disaster Committee (SDMC), Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM), Majlis Keselamatan Negara (MKN) for latest information.